Thursday, March 8, 2012

Scouting report:Run course

I went scouting the run course with a couple of pros and locals today and what a treat. Although the course starts on the flat along the road, after some ascent you end up in the jungle going down a river and water falls! I had water up to my waste at one point. When it's 38 degree Celsius, let me tell you the water is refreshing. We caught up to Jamie Whitmore and her husband. If you want inspiration, search no further. Jamie is a former Xterra world champ who's now competing in the challenged division due to the fact that she lost partial use of her leg from a battle with cancer. She's in the river with crutches, now if that isn't phenomenal, what is? All I can say is that she is sexing the day. We finished our run and I have to admit that with the Saipan race, this is the coolest running course I have seen so far at Xterra. Tomorrow is an easy day for me, light swim, bike run. Sadly I'm leaving my host Eric for the host hotel. So far Guam is awesome! People are very nice and very helpful. I will try to post pictures but my IPad is not cooperating with me! Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment