Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gear 2.0: bonking

For many athlete, the word bonking is synonym with " I'm in trouble" for others, they have the vivid image portrayed at Ironman finish when competitors are crawling through the finish line. I'm lucky, I don't bonk often but 2 weeks ago while on a routine trail run, I started to be in trouble. I was shaking and I could feel that all my energy was dwindling, I was running out of calories. Luckily for me, I always carry something, gel, chomps just in case it happens. I took my gel, started to feel better and continued on. I just bring this up as a reminder, alway carry something just in case, especially when you're in the middle of no where. If you have nothing, don't push through or you will be in serious trouble because your body is telling the tank is on empty. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment