Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 3 in PI

I was lucky enough to have a training partner this morning, one of the top xterra female and pro triathlete Renata Bucher. That's what's great about Xterra, you can have a chance to do that, just like last week I was riding and running with some of the pro males. Our workout would and old fashion brick, bike and run with some interval work at the end of each session. As we were finishing our bike intervals, one of my pedal unravelled from the crank, for some reason it has seized and each pedal stroke was unscrewing it from the crank! You may recall that I loaned a tube to Renata in Guam, hoping to buy some Karma! Well it was paid in full today as she happens to have a spare pair of pedals, the same brand I use, that she has graciously loaned to me for the race. I'll have see if mine can be fixed but I doubt it. She just saved me! Any how I was able to do the interval run with her and after some difficulty taking the pedals, as I was sweating so much from the workout, I came back home. Tomorrow is packet pickup and finally going to scout the bike course. Until then, happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment