Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Hafa Adai, from Guam!

After 24 hours of traveling, I was greeted by race director Eric Tydingco who is nice enough to have me stay with his family until friday at which point I will be moving to the race hotel. My flight was a bit late leaving Tokyo so I didn't get to Guam airport until midnight. I woke up this morning after a short night, we are 6 hours early but a day head from westcoast time. Eric was nice enough to get a local rider, Rick, to take me on the Xterra course. As we started our ride, we met some of the pro's including Renata Bucher who I met for the first time in Saipan last year. Rick told me to go ahead with them and that we would meet back at his car. The course reminded me of Arizona, Moab and Maui mixed together with its red dirt, washboard and divets. There some cool descent, good ascent and some nice tar section to recover. I anticipate that the pro's will be fast on race day. Tomorrow it's swim and running the race course. It's sunny and 33 degrees and I'm loving it! Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment