Friday, March 16, 2012

Scouting Report: bike coursevXterra Philippines

Picked up my packet this morning at the beautiful Crimson Resort, I wish I was stating there but it's a bit to expansive for me. I will be sporting # 299 for this race. From the Crimson our bikes were loaded in a transport truck and a bus was awaiting to takeus to the race site, which is a good 50 min away! I was lucky again today to pre ride the course with a bunch of pro such as Renata Bucher, Olivier Marceau to only name a few. The course is not marked so we had a local guiding us. First, the course is different from last year, as I gather from Renata who did the race. It's a mix of open road, dirt and grass. Some short steep climbs as well as a few technical rocky bits. Overall I think it will still be a very fast course for the pros. The overall mileage is around 35 km, split in 2 loops. Haven't had a chance to see the run course but my understanding is that it's not too technical. The heat though will be punishing and hydration will be the key for this race. Tomorrow will be a light workout for me and then we are racking the bikes. We are having pre race dinner in town hosted by the Governor. Stay tuned for the race reporton Sunday, until then, happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment