Monday, October 17, 2011

Scouting report: Bike course

I woke up this morning and headed with my steed in order to ride the course. The theme of the day would be climbing. Leaving the beach, the course takes us through the Ritz property and then under the highway. More climbing would great me. The course is wide and it reminds me of some of the Europeen courses. Some great vistas along the way. Some good descent, not overly technical but of loose red dirt and sharp turns. I found out the hard way just after mile marker 11, takingba turn too quicknin loose dirt, I scrape my left hip pretty good, bike was fine and I forged on. I book the course under 2 hours for 30 km which I was happy with. Not so happy about my scrapes, seems like polysporin is my friend. Tomorrow swim and run although the water is very rough here. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment