Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gear 2.0: Rims and tires

Some of you might recall that I had the misfortune with my rear rim at Xterra Canada. I ended upgrading to Easton XC90 rims. I decided to get the matching pair, which would shave the weight of my bike by one pound! Theses wheels are true tubless wheels, which in my view is a must for racing. The also come with a sturdy hub. If you are in the market for new rims for a 29 er at a reasonable price, Easton is definitely your choice. When it comes down to tires,the choice is endless. My number one choice for racing is Kenda slant six, a good overall tire with a good grip for many different terrains. If you need something more aggressive, muddy conditions I recommend the Nevegal by Kenda. I will be using the slant six for the Xterra world in Maui. Speaking of which, I will be blogging every day starting sunday the 16 about my training, experience and island life! Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment