Saturday, October 22, 2011

The calm before the storm

Today is pre race day, after waking up I headed to the host hotel and did a light workout with my friend and Xterra racer Al. 30 min of spinning on the bike, 20 min run and a 15 min ocean swim was on the schedule. The weather is nice and hot and rumors are that heavy waves won't hit till tomorrow afternoon, so I hope. As much as I would like to be in the sun, I'm staying inside where I can relax, hydrate. Tonight is the night of champion's dinner, then hopefully a good night of sleep. Race jitters are already here and likely won't go away until the canon goes off on the beach at 9 am local time, signaling the start of the 2011 World Championship. You can follow on twitter and Facebook via Xterraplanet.com. As for me, well as usual I have my time goals, I'll let you know how it turns out. There are about 60 guys in my age group, so the competition will be fierce. I will endeavor to give you a full race reports tomorrow after the race. Feel free to pass my blog along anyone you might think maybe interested. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment