Sunday, October 16, 2011

Aloha :on the road to the Xterra world championship!

There is something to say about islands, the smell of burned wood, the sun and waves crashing. I arrived late last night and alas this morning I couldn't sleep in so I built my bike and headed out for a workout. After close to an hour of riding on the road followed by a 30 min run, I was ready to go pick up my sister and her husband at the airport as they are coming to spend the week with me. The sun is shunning and it is a solid 29 degree. Tomorrow I will be heading to ride the bike course, taking a first look at what's in store for me. I ran into my good friend GL Brown today on his mountain bike as I was coming back from taking a look at the beach where the race start. The Moore family will be coming soon as well and the reunion from Saipan will be complete, in addition, GL's son Patrick will be here as well which will make the Czech reunion complete. Finally, The one and only Lance Armstrong will be racing, how cool is that! Stay tuned for the scouting report from the bike course tomorrow. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoyed Hawaii...I was there last December, such a great place...nothing like running on the beaches in Hawaii!

    Cheers,
    Marc GAGNON

    ReplyDelete