Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gear 2.0: overstraining

Although I'm not an expert, I have been racing in the multiple sport business to recognize the tell tell sign of overtraining. These are by no mean an exhaustive list but I have experienced it at some point or another. Craving sugar is usually a good one for me, I try not to eat to much of it but when I start craving it every day the bells start ringing. Another signs can be disrupt sleep, fatigue, lack of motivation, grumpy. Whe you have a couple of those signs, it might be time to ease off on your training. Your body is trying to tell you something. Remember always have some fun when training or racing and take the time to enjoy what's around you. Stay tuned for more gear 2.0 as the Xterra world championship approaches. I don't have any races until then but I will be relating my experience in Maui as soon as I land on October 15. Untill then, happy trails!
Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment