Saturday, March 12, 2011

Stats and after thoughts

I got the official stats at the dinner tonight so I figure I would pass it along for those who are numbers savvy. I was 20th out of the water, I got the seventh fastest bike split, first non pro. I was 13 on the run overall. I was leading my age group till the run and failed to realise that the bullet who went by me was my competition. He beat me on the run by six minutes, he was a strong runner. His overall time was just under 3 minutes faster than me. In was only the second Canadian to attend this race. Xterra pro Canadian Mike Vine had been here many times, winning this race and finishing second last year. Although the Canadian shoes were big to fill, I did my best to represent Canada and was glad of the outcome. I hope you will keep following this season as more races will be added to the calendar. Next stop is the suburban rush, a local adventure race that I have been doing for the past 5 years. I'm now off to bed, I believe I earned my rest. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment