Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Saipan day 5

There was a get together last night organized by the race director. We were at a nice beach bar and grill and I met some of my fellow competitors. Xterra races have the reputation to be laid back where the mere mortals like me can enjoy the compagny of world champs and pros. This was no different last night and that is what makes it fun, you can actually talk to anyone without pretense. I even witness the "green flash" as pointed out by race director Wolf Mojica, which happens at the time where the sun is about to disappear in the horizon, you can actually see it turning green for a split second!

I woke up this morning and finished packing as I'm leaving the hospitality of my local host and move to the host hotel, the Pacific Island Club. Today is a day off from working out and although it was perhaps needed, I wonder if I should have gone running the run course. I just hope that my trail running experience will help me as I won't likely see it till race day. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment