Sunday, August 28, 2011

Scouting report, Xterra Canadian championship

I went to Whistlet this weekend in order to train on the championship course. Armed directions, I thought I would be able to figure out the bike course. Well I figured out about 65% of it. As usual the first 1.75 km are a succession of hills and flats. After a quick downhill section. And a thight bridge over a river brings you to a technical short climbeith switch back, if you don't pay attention to the line, well you won't clean it. After you are rewarded with some sweet swooping single track downhill. But as Xterra goes, what goes down must come back up again. That's where I couldn't find the rest, too many option for trails and unmarked. I did ride the last part, which is a nice black diamond, technical single track where skills will be required. Ample sacrifice to the gods of racing should be made for a dry course as if it is wet, it will be very technical. I sawm in Alta lake and although warmer than Czech it was colder than Germany, I expect a wetsuit race for the entire field. I ran a short section of the running course,which is some mountain bike trails so expect some up, downs and plenty of rocks and roots. In all not a bad weekend although I was frustrated not to be able to find all the trails for the ride. The race is September 4 at whistler. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment