Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spindleruv Myln, Czech republic

After landing in Czech republic and spending a day in Prague, it was time to head up to the race site of Spindleruv Myln, 2 hours north of Prague. Woke up this morning, build my bike and headed to pre ride the course. The course was well marked and not too hard to find. It is not overly technical but there is a lot of climbing, surprise surprise. I was having derailleur issues and when I arrived at the ski resort I found a bike shop. Why do I always have bike issues when I travel long distance? In any event, I needed a new chain which has been replaced. It's a 2 lap course for the bike. Tomorrow I will be off for a swim and and run and the the race is Saturday, with a noon start, il be able to sleep a bit and go set up my transitions. The weather has been mixed and on the cooler side. Stay tuned for post race update after the race. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment