Friday, August 19, 2011

The day before the race

I woke this morning and headed to breakfast alone, my traveling friends have been in Berlin since yesterday. I ended up having breakfast with Xterra world champ Shonny Vanlandingham. Not every sport you can do that but she is such a nice and genuine person that she always talk to people. After breakfast I had to wait to for a swim as I was greeted with thunder and lightning. By noon the sun had come out and I found out from the race organizer that it would be likely a non wetsuit swim, for the entire field! Don't ask me how we can go from 15 degree swim one week to a non wetsuit swim the next, but as of now that's what we are looking at. I did bring my ITu legal skin suit so I went off to the lake to swim in it. For those who wonder what that is, it a one piece bathing suit with legs and no sleeve. The fabric is designed to stream line you in the water. Because it is made solely of fabric, it is legal for international races, Ironman and such where the swim in a non wetsuit one. After my short swim I went for a short run and this was my last workouts until the race tomorrow. I went to registration but they couldn't find my name! After 20 min, they found me, I got my race packet, I have race number 1160. So tonight is race brief, pasta dinner and a video montage of the course. Late race start again, not until 11:30 tomorrow so I will have to figure out what to eat for breakfast. Stay tuned for the race results this weekend. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment