Thursday, August 18, 2011

Scouting report from Zittau, Germany

Zittau is the host of the 2011 European Xterra Championship. With more than 300 competitors, this will be, for sure, a fast and competitive field. I rode the 35 km mountain bike course today. It reminded me of BC with lots of forest. Good climbs and a couple rocky descent. Not as much single track ad I would have liked but overall a very challenging course which is just over 3000 feet of climbing. It is much warmer than the Czech race last week to the point that it might be a non wetsuit swim for the pro's and optional for the rest of us. I'm going for a swim tomorrow and will decide if I should put the speed suit on race day or stick to the wetsuit. I have been nursing a cold but it seems to be going away. Stay tuned for the post race report. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment