Sunday, August 7, 2011

Five peaks result

I was on mount Seymour yesterday morning to partake in the 8 km trail running race. The weather was cool at over 200 people had registered for the race. Fearful of being mocked ny my friends Roy and Sean I left the Clydesdale division alone and competed in the 30-39 age group. The weather was cool but swarm of black flies made in impossible to stay in one spot without being attacked. The race started going up hill, I know it's a shocker! Snow, mud, roots and rock would great me, which would make the footing treacherous at times. I came in 9th in my age group and 11th overall and I was pleased with the result. I am now packing for Europe for Xterra Czech republic on the 13 and Xterra Germany, both part of the global race tour. The German race is also the European championship and over 300 racer are registered. Follow my blog as I will chat about my training and racing experience abroad. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment