Saturday, August 13, 2011

Czech mate! No punn intended

I woke up this morning and it was pouring out. This was a very late start race, noon local time. After getting all my stuff all together we had to set 2 different transitions. The bike was obviously at the swim and the run transition was at the finish line. The water was very cold even at noon and was probably not more than 15 degrees. The swim course was a 2 lap course of 500 m each. After exiting the water, a 2 lap totaling of 32 km of riding was awaiting us. It was very muddy and totaled just over 3000 feet of total elevation gain. The run course was a 3.5 km loop which we did 3 times. I can tell that I was covered in mud and have a few blisters as well. I finished the course in 3:07 in a very competitive field, good enough for 8 in my age. Next weekend is the European championship in Zittau, Germany where 300 people will partake. Stay tuned, happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment