Friday, September 2, 2011

When you get knock down, you have have to get back up again

I left this morning for Whistler. I was meeting my friend Roy who's also doing the race to ride the course since it's fully marked. In already knew the first half and the last bit but I was looking forward to see the rest of it. This course is very technical and if it rains, it's going to be crazy, but so far the forecast shows sun. As we entered the black diamond section near the end, I didn't negotiate a turn on a 4 foot bridge and as everything went in slow motion, the inevitable happen, I fell one foot clipped one unclipped from 4 feet in the air, I was lucky no to break my leg but I bended my rear wheel to the point that I didn't think it was fixable. A few words came out of my mouth which won't be repeated here. I rode back to the truck with Roy, with a sore leg and my ego bruised. Luckily enough I was able to find a bike shops that could fix my wheel to the point where I can ride it but alas I will need a new rim when I get home. I know the boys at Cap's will be ablemto hook me up with a sweet wheel. Ice, advil, beer on the program tonight. Light swim and run tomorrow and packet pick up. Race start at 9 am on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment