Thursday, August 26, 2010

On the road to ironman, literally!

I left for penticton today and arrived early afternoon to pick up my race packet. Greeted by an army of volunteer, the process was quite fast, from signing waivers to getting my timing chip and numbers. I then went over to the gear tent where I bought a ironman visor, got to have something that reminds me of my madness! Wow, hard to believe that there is less than 3 days left before the start. I have a 30 min swim planned in the morning and a 30 min run in the afternoon and then more rest. We also have the pre race dinner tomorrow night and race briefing. I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous. Well Im off to bed, trying to get some good nights of sleep tonight and tomorrow as I don't know how well I will sleep the night before. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment