Sunday, August 22, 2010

IMC T-7 days to go

One week to go before standing on the starting line. Hard to believe that there are only 7 days left. I found out my race number is #680. I went for a ride on Saturday and a light run today. A lot of people wonder if I completely stop training a week before. The answer is no, I just do less volume. As for my trustee steed, I have been trying to tweak it with a new seat post. In addition, new tires and drive train was required and as usual, Chris and the gang at Experience has been looking after me. I will be heading up to Penticton on Thursday and will be updating the blog to convey the atmosphere from the Ironman village. I will post the link for all of you that won't be up there to watch the race to track me live on the net. As I chip through certain points in the race, it will be updated live. As for me, visits to physio, chiro and massage have been In order. I just hope to feel good on race day and that the weather will be nice. I feel the usual pre race jitters, wondering if I have put enough time training. Well I shall find out soon enough as the dye is cast and I will soon be on the beach with about 2600 racers waiting for the canon to roar, signaling the start of the race. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment