Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gear 2.0. Running

This week we are looking at the running gear. First and for most , running shoes. Everyone has their preferences, as for me I have to look at shoes for pronetors. My choice Asics Kayanno, great support and very comfy for road running. Although Ironman is a road race, I'm also an avid trail runner, for that type of running, I use salomon runners. I simply love their trail runners and have been running and adventure racing with them for the last 10 years, but I digress. For Ironman I have a very nice Sugoi brand champion tri suit. When I don't race I use sugoi running tights with shorts and a dry fit shirt. I also use a wicked light running jacket, made by sugoi called the helium jacket when it rains. I also have a footpad on my running shoes which is calibrated to my gait and relay the information to my watch. I plan on running with a hand held bottle at Ironman, even though there are water station at every miles, I like the feeling that I can drink if I need be. 3 weeks and counting, it's hard to believe. Happy trails

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment