Saturday, October 31, 2015

XTERRA World, 20th anniversary

The calm before the storm, 800 racers will be on the beach tomorrow 9 am sharp to see the 20th anniversary of Xterra go off.  Excited for my buddy Roy who has overcome a kidney transplant to be at the start line! Same goes for Dave Desantis, Xterra warrior 2015 overcoming cancer who will be on the beach, all smiles when the gun goes off.  If that's not motivation to get out there, what is I wonder.  I sure will keep these two inspiring men in the back of my mind when the going gets though.  Condition for the race are shaping nicely with some hot weather in reserve.  I also want to wish all the best to my usual suspect, GL 72 year strong, his son Patrick.  Retired Commander Alan Moore(go navy) and his daughter Allison.  The kind of friendship that I forged with theses people all the way back to my first Xterra in 2011 in Saipan and their family will last a lifetime. As for me I hope for a good race, seem that the broken foot earlier this year should have appeased the Xterra gods but who knows.  Join me on the start line #572 in your program and follow tweeter @chuck98 where my wife will keep up to date.  Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

1 comment: