Thursday, October 29, 2015

Scouting Report, Maui World bike course

Started this morning with the gang as we progressed on the course, I ended up riding with Roy and Erin.  Have to admit the course had a chance to dry so it was in much better shape.  The addition this year is what I call the great wall of China.  A steep old golf cart path who gets you to the lake.  Now further down the path we have a huge puddle of mud and water, frankly I'm unsure that it can dry before race day but who knows.  No major surprises this year, the course is fairly similar than last year.  All we need is Mother Nature to be nice.... Mind you we have high surf advisory for race day so that could make things interesting to say the least ( do I hear duathlon? Likely not but I can dream!) as for the steed and I we have forged bond through lava rock and with Roy's help, the front fork is dialed in. What's in store tomorrow? Open water swim clinic and practicing some ins and outs in high surf courtesy of Ben and Jacqui.  Stay tuned for more updates, happy trails! 

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment