Thursday, August 7, 2014

Xterra Czech and ITU world Germany

Well after traveling for more than 30 hours and having my bike sent to Paris(unsure why as I didn't even fly there!) I'm now in Prachatice 2 hours south of Prague.  I went scouting the bike course this morning and was lucky to go with a bunch of pros, Branden, Joshia Suzie which is always great to learn from them, as well as Chris.  The sun was shinning and I was wearing my swanky new Sugoi Brandchampion kit.  The Czech course is your typical European course, lots of climbing, fire roads but as well some nice technical descent.  The sun was shinning and the course had some mud but the first part was good.  When you arrive in town, you are sent on some good technical ascent but sadly it started raining,  it was getting quite cold and I had issues with my back tire.  The ride was good and it will be a challenging course for Saturday race.  I was quite happy to get a hot shower as I was shivering when I got home.  Race starts at 1300 on Saturday so I will try to go for a light run tomorrow to see the race course.  Hopefully the sacrifices to the Xterra god ( lost luggage, bike issues) will ensure nice weather and a descent swim.  Stay tuned for more news, happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment