Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Gear 2.0 Garmin Vivo Fit

I bought a Garmin Vivo Fit(Fitness Band) before I left for Europe.  I wanted to share my thought on it.

There are plenty of fitness band on the market and they are not all created equal.  I went with Garmin because I love their products, I race with the 910XT and if I had money I would have their power tap pedals, but I digress.  The ideas of a fitness band is to encourage people to move and at least get some exercise during the day by counting your steps.  In addition, Garmin Vivo monitor your sleep and tells you how often you move.  This is all done via their software Garmin Connect which work on most phone  (except Blackberry) via blue tooth technology.  I like the fact that the Vivo has a small screen and you can scroll through it.  I also has the time so it can double as a watch, which was I intended especially for work.  There is no need to charge the Vivo as the battery will last about a year before needing replacement. I quite like that feature.  Other bands need to be charged  every couple of days.  The Vivo will also display a red line, which will  get longer which mean you haven't moved for  a while.  I also quite enjoyed the sleep functioned and was looking forward to see ho my night went when I downloaded it. The only downfall I saw was that there were no light to make the screen bright when it got dark( or there is a way I didn't figure it out)  The clasp is good but I made the mistake to race with my vivo, and I lost it at ITU world in Germany taking my wetsuit off.  Lesson learn, I wouldn't advise triathlon racing with your Vivo.  I wanted to see how many steps it would record.  I am disappointed as I was curious to see how many steps I do at work.  Although brief I was quite happy with my Vivo and if you are in the market for a Fitness band, I would highly recommend it.  Happy Trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment