Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gear 2.0 : mountain bike pedals and front fork lock out

Its been a while since I posted a gear 2.0 so I thought I'd talked about pedals and front fork lock out, two things that have given me issues. Front fork lock out system are great, they allow you to lock you fork on the fly, allowing it to be stiffer on climbs and even terrain. I had a cable lock from SRAM and I was having issues, it seemed that under load it didn't want to unlock, which caused me some grief when I needed the full suspension. Jason at Cap's looked after me and I have to admit that SRAM came through, upgrading to a hydraulic lock out, what a difference! Highly recommend it if you want to be able to lock your Front fork. As for my pedals, you may remember my misadventure in the Philippines. I ride Eggbeatter 3 from Crank Brothers. I sent my pedals away for warranty and I was pleasantly surprised when they sent me a brand new pair. Besides that, I really like their product and find that the pedals perform well in muddy terrain with an ease to get in and out. As for racing, you may wonder what's next on my plate? May 19 ITU world championship, I will be proudly wearing Canada's colours and will be racing as an age grouper. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment