Sunday, April 8, 2012

Gear 2.0 : watches

I'm a bit of a data freak when I train, the more data I can look at, the more I feel I can learn. It's also important so I can send it to my coach so he can analyze it. There are a lot of watches on the market, Polar, Timex and Garmin to name a few. I just purchased the new Garmin 910XT, replacing my Polar system. I love the watch, first and foremost it now gives data on my swim, wether I'm indoor or out. Garmin also work with GPS technology so now when I run or ride, I get all the data and accurate mileage, even in the trails. 20 hour battery life will carry you through an Ironman, which is a big improvement. It pairs wireslessly with my MAC, which my my polar wouldn't do and sends it to Garmin connect on the web. This watch comes with an optional heart rate monitor which I took. There is also a multi sport function, with the touch of a button you can swap sports. I have been very impress with, if you are in the market or are dabating to get a multi sport watch, I think you won't be desapointed with this work horse of a watch. Happy Easter, treat yourself! Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment