Friday, April 13, 2012

Xterra Vegas, less than 24 hours away

After arriving at Las Vegas airport and picked up by Sean and Roy,mtbe adventure began with finding this running store that Sean needed. I'll save you the details but we did a bit of a circle around town before we found it. Once arrived at our dig I build up my bike and went for one lap of the bike course. It is the same bike course as last year, not overly technical but some climbs, loose and jagged rocks and it can be dusty. I took my time, not wanting to push it the day before the race.i I'm a little tired I have to admit, a 9 am start is a welcome change from our very early starts back in the south pacific. The temperature is nice but it could be warmer, I'm not looking forward the glacial swim in Lake Las Vegas. Sean, Roy and Shane will be on the start line tomorrow with me, friends from Vancouver and it will be nice to see familiar faces. We shall see what happen! Stay tuned for a complete race report tomorrow. Until then, happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment