Saturday, April 14, 2012

Xterra Vegas, do you feel lucky?

I awoke this morning to cold and rain, I thought I was home. Hard to get motivated at times, especially when the water temperature was warmer than the ai, which is not saying much as the water was glacial! The rain stopped and it looked like the sun might even come out. After plunging in the fidgid water (notice a theme here!) The gun went off and I felt sluggish. Getting out of the water I was pleasantly surprise with my swim time. Off to the bike, chain came off and after dealing with it, I got into some what of a rhythm. This course is a power climbers course. After completing my 2 laps I headed in for a quick transition and headed to the run course. I finally could feel my feet by mile three ( they were still frozen from the swim!) With a sting run, I was heading towards the finish and I could hear some foot steps, as a male came by and I could see he was in my age group. With 300 m to go I said" I don't think so" and it was a sprint to the finish, beating him by one second. I was please with my finish, bettering my time by 15 min from last year. The boys did well, Sean beating us all, Roy had a flat tire, and with us coming out of transition on the run, I was just lucky to beat home. Shane wasn't too far off. With four races under my belt, I hope to be in decent shape for the ITU world cross in Alabama in about a month. Unil then, happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment