Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gear 2.0. Bikes

Well as I'm sitting in osoyoos out of the sun resting for tomorrow, I decided to start with my gear post. As July is tour de France month, i have decided to starts with my bikes and related equipment. For all my bike need I trust the boys at Experience Cycling, I get great service and my bikes are well cared for, which is important when you race. My triathlon bike is a Specialized Transition Pro. Full carbon frame with mainly SRAM red components. Add a pair of Look pedals and that pretty much what I have. I'm in the midst of trying to find a saddle that I'm comfortable with but beside that, I didn't need to change anything. I use a speed fill hydration system and also a double bottle holder attached to the back of my saddle. For shoes I ride with Louis Garneau tri shoes, which can be heat molded in your oven for a Bette fit. They Are quite comfy. I always ride with a helmet and so should you. My road helmet in a Giro and is also quite comfortable. My road bike is also a specialized, I chose the tarmac pro, which is also a full carbon fib ere frame with ultegra component add a pair of, you guess it, Look pedals and that's my road bike. I have specialized road shoes which have stiff carbon fiber sole. I use Giro helmet as well when I road ride. As for optics I have a nice pair of Oakley Live Strong edition which I love. Lastly I also have my mountain bike, which most of you know I race as well. Unfortunately, because of ironman and my car accident, i haven't been able to ride as much as I would like to. My mountain bike is a Specialized Epic Expert. Frame is all carbon fiber except the rear triangle which is aluminum. Components are a mix of SRAM X0 and shiminao. The bike comes with hydraulic disc brakes. I made a few modification on that bike adding a carbon fiber handle bar as well as seat post to try to lighten th bike up. Pedal wise I ride with Crank Brothers Candy. For my mountain bike need i currently have 2 helemets made by Bell. One for day to day rides and one with maple leaf which I use for races. I always ride with log finge gloves and I my choice is with Specialized gloves. Lastly I use Specialized transition glasses but i am also awaiting a sweet pair of Oakley Jaw Bones with customs colors to match the bikes and with transition lenses. Transition lenses adapt to the light, which in itself is pretty cool. Finally I use my polar watch as a bike computer on all my bikes, I have wireless sensors which send the data to the watch and I can also download it to my computer. If you have any bike questions, don't hesitate to ask me or ask Chris and the gang at Experience Cycling. Happy trails

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment