Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Verona and the giro time trial

This past Sunday we rode to Verona to watch the last stage of Giro D'italia. We rode for 109 km with the brother and cousin of famous Italian rider Gilberto Simoni who has won the giro in the past and came out of retirement for on last Giro. It was great to see the stage and even better to see the atmosphere. The cousin of Simoni owns the B&B that we stayed at, in Palu. Little village of 600 People. Funny enough another famous Italian rider came from Palu, Alberto Moser who also won at the Giro. I hope their talent rubbed off me or maybe it was the water, which I also drank. In any events this trip was awesome and I have to thank Chris from Experience Cycling for organizing this great trip. More races are coming, no rest for the wicked, my first half iron in Oliver this weekend.

Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment