Monday, June 14, 2010

Cardiac Classic

I took part in the Cardiac Classic yesterday. For those who know Burnaby mountain, the race included the famous cardiac hill, which was climbed 3 times. I was racing with a different bike this weekend. My Specialized Epic was on the fritz with a bad bottom bracket and despite the effort from the Gang and Experience Cycling, they just couldn't get one in on time. I got to ride Chris's bike, which is a sweet Norco full carbon hard tail bike. That bike weighs about 6 lbs lighter than mine. The weather for the race was perfect, overcast and cool. There were 15 guys in the master 30-39 division and I was hoping for a better placement than the last mountain bike race. After a few falls and a lot of mud I booked the 25 km in 2:04, which placed me 8th position. I was happy with my result considering I had done a half Iron the weekend prior. This Saturday I will be back at it again. The Test of Metal is classic 67 km mountain bike race in Squamish. This will take place this upcoming Saturday. Happy trails

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment