Monday, June 7, 2010

Oliver 70.3!

I was back it this weekend for ironman 70.3 (half distance) in Oliver. This was my first kick at the can for a half iron, on the other hand, this was the very first triathlon for my friend Rebecca I have to admit i was a bit nervous, and to add a bit of stress I had a problem with my rear tire while setting up which prompt me to go see the bike guys as i didn't have time to deal with it. I'm not the best swimmer to start with and looking at these far buoys can be intimidating. The day was overcast and cool which made a perfect racing day. The swim start was broken down in 3 waves. Men under 45 were in the first wave so i was off at 0730. It took me 42 min to swim the 2 km. I was hoping for a strong bike leg since I had done a fair amount of riding in Europe. It was nice to catch up on better swimmers. I booked the 93 km course in 2:42. As I finished off the bike, it was now time to attack the half marathon. My lower back was sore off the bike but started to loosen up after a few kilometers I ran the half in 1:45. With transition and all my overall time was 5:19. My goal was to be under 6 hours which I met. I was quite please with it. As for Rebecca she did an awesome 5:49 for a very first tri, which is very impressive. The rest of the iron cop crew from vpd did also great and everyone crossed the finish line. My physio from trailside was even there cheering on. As for me, today was a wine touring day,but Im back at it this weekend at the Cardiac Classic at burnaby mountain. This is a mountain biking race part of the BC cup.

Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment