Wednesday, October 22, 2014

When it rain mud? Scouting report

The day started with registrations, yours truly will be sporting #585 for the race.  The full course was opening this morning and I was lucky to head out with good friend and former pro Patrick Brown, who happen to be my good friend GL Brown son, but I digress.  The course started with just enough traction but as we progressed, the rain slowly but surely started looming over us.  It was muddy but still manageable until mile 11, that's where everything fell off the wheels, literally.  The red clay was so sticky that my bike couldn't even go forward on his own. Mat one point I had to remove my rear wheel in order to clear the mud so I could ride for 100 m so I could do it all over again.. This is not supposed to be! Never seen conditions like theses in 4 years being here.  The rain was falling sideways and I was even starting to get cold, in Maui of all places!  Apparently they even closed the course but I must have been far enough not to get the memo as I ended up riding the whole course.  The weather is supposed to straighten itself out over the next few days.  I hope so, is not, it will be a long day on Sunday.  Stay tuned for more updates, happy trail!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment