Friday, October 24, 2014

Rain report...I mean mud report ... I mean course update

Well the XTERRA gods sure like to play cruel jokes.  I went overboard with my sacrifices this week. Needing an entire new drive train, rear rotor.  Now one would that that would be sufficient to keep the gods happy but alas to no avail.  We were greated with more rain last night. as I set off to ride some of the course with Pat this morning, we changed our mind very quickly as we saw some of the earlier riders covered in mud.  We opted out for a spin on the road, saving our steed the trauma of the mud and clay.  Still two days for the course to dry off, it should be interesting on race day to say the least.  My opinion is that if the conditions stays the same, it will make it harder on the racers who don't have as much of a mountain biking background.   Now don't get me wrong, this still Maui so the weather is still better than home!  Happy trail!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment