Friday, June 14, 2013

Scouting report from Xterra Greece

It has been an interesting journey so far, bike lost for 48 hours, at one point they couldn't even told me where it was.  Pro and good friend Ben Allen had even offered his bike so I could go practice.  I couldn't take the offer, I would be too scare to brake something.  What a classy move, one that I am convinced you would never see from road triathlete. I finally got my Gray bike today, 20 hours before the gun is set to goes off.  Relieved but also hoping that l wouldn't have more issues.  The bike course is a 2 x15 km lap, so I was able to build my bike quickly and head out.  This is a fast bike course, medium size climbs, couple of single tracks. I predict the pro will be just over an hour for the entire bike course.  I saw a turtle on the course! Had to stop and take a photo, hope the little guy won't be on the trail, someone could think its a rock! The run course wasn't fully mark but what I saw is again a fast course with not much elevation, 2 x 5.2 km.  I didn't swim today but the water temperature is not too cold and thank Zeus, it will be wetsuit legal.

People sometime wonder, why racing so far.  Racing in Greece has a special meaning for me this year but I digress, I'll talk more about that tomorrow.  It's almost bed time for me, forecast tomorrow, sunny and 30 degrees, just the way I like it.  Stay tuned for the post race blog.  The new Gray steed is excite to race, lets see what man and bike can do in a very big field of 32 racers in my age group alone and 180 total.  Hope you're having fun where ever you are and that you take the time to do something outside.  Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment