Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Gear 2.0. Gray 20nine frame

I received my new frame just in time to have it built before my race.  Lets look at the set up:

I'm running SRAM components, XX rear deraileur, crank, shifters.  Front deraileur in X0 .  Breaks are Avid.  Wheel set Easton 90 with Kenda tires, Carbon Handle Bar, Thompson seat post and crank brother egg beater pedales. And off course Gray full Carbon frame, and its sweet looking.  Jason at Cap's Westwood maple ridge built that bike in no time.   I took it for a ride overall really love the bike, I feel more centered and was able to corner and climb better.  There were a couples of issue, the carbon fiber seat clamp, although wickedly awesome and light does not work for me.  I'm a big guy and it couldnt clamp the seat post in place which cause it to slide down. This was easily fixable by using the aluminum clamp from my other bike.  The fork was rattling a bit after the initial ride, again Jason was able to fix that after talking with the great people at Gray.  Can't wait to race the new steed but if you're in the market for a bike or a carbon 29 frame, you would be crazy not to consider Gray.  Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment