Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pre Race Jitters, T- 17 hours an counting


As I am getting ready for my second run at the Xterra World Championship, the pre race jitters are slowly creeping in, 8 Xterra races, in 6 different country and a couple continents later, it's all or nothing.  This morning was the traditional pre race workout, light bike, light run, light swim.  Much needed hair cut courtesy of Paul Mitchell, money raised goes to athletes with special needs, which is awesome.  After lunch is back at the condo to get my things ready so that when I get back from the pre race dinner, I will be ready to go to bed.  There were big surf out today from time to time at the beach, as always I hope for calmer waters but I can't control it so will see what happens.  All I know is that at 9:00 am sharp, the canon will go off, the chopper will be above and over 700 of the best off roads athletes in the world will start their journey's to the finish.  This year will be slightly different than last, my sister and brother in law will be cheering from afar instead of being right at the finish line.  My wonderful girlfriend also will be cheering from home, which will be different than the last 3 races where she greeted me at the finish.  Good friends will be there, Michelle and Patrick to name a few.  I know some one else will be cheering as well but for now we will leave that one for tomorrow's blog. Let's not forget my good buddy Roy's first appearance at the world's as well as Allison.  All the people lining up tomorrow will definitely embrace Xterra's moto: Live More!  I was ready a article posted by a friend and quite like the motivational line that says " If you want to take the island, burn the boats"  will see if I can apply this tomorrow.  Stay tuned for the post race analysis tomorrow after the race, until then, Happy Trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment