Thursday, October 25, 2012

Another day in Paradise

Maui is such a beautiful place.  Slowly but surely all the athlete are converging to the Kapalua for the race.  I did another ocean swim yesterday and ran part of the run.  I am also fighting a cold, really a cold in the tropics??!!  Today I went a rode part of the course for an hour, sadly we found out that a cool single track section had to be taken out, erosion control, the state won't allow it.  What else do I do when I'm done training?  I have lunch and rest, and funny enough I try to stay out of the sun for a bit.  The sun can be quite harsh and warm especially at the peak of the day.  Tomorrow is a rest day, probably a nice breakfast with friends and maybe a bit of beach time.  I have the occasion to see tones of people that I have met this year at different races, from the Guam crew to Pro Ben Allen and Jacqui Slack.  Also not to forget C2, Mike and so on.  It's nice to catch up and see so many deserving people racing.  Stay tuned for a hot weather gear 2.0 tomorrow.  Until then, happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment