Monday, June 25, 2012

Gear 2.0 : road and trail shoes

I purchased a couple of pairs of runners and thought I would share my thoughts on them with you. The first pair is the Asics Gel Noosa Tri shoe. This shoe is build for road racing and is very light. The colour scheme is funky and to be honest I like it. It's very comfortable without socks for at least a 10 km or so. I ran a half with it without socks and got a few blister. Overall I really like it but I would probably recommend it for sprint and Olympic distance, especially if you are a heavier runner. Although I love the shoe, I'm not too sure I would wear it for a full Ironman. I probably pushed it for a 70.3. Overall I highly recommend it if you are looking for a fast light road race shoe. The second pair I purchased is the Salomon Misson X trail shoe. Now I am a big fan of Salomon for the trails, that brand has been with me in all my off roads adventures from Mexico to Guam and Saipan. The Mission X is advertised as a cross over from a trail shoe and if needed can be used on the road for shorter distance. After going on a trail run on the weekend I was happy with them but would add this caution: if you're looking for an aggressive stable shoe for roots and rocks, this might not be the right choice, that said its light and performed well in semi dry conditions. I hope that all of you have had a chance to get out there this summer. As for me, the adventure starts again in a week where I will be leaving to compete in the so,d out and highly coveted Xterra France Championship, part of Xterra world tour. As usual I will be blogging about my experience and the race, hope you will join me. Happy trails! Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment