Friday, July 6, 2012

In the country of Asterix and Obelix!

Gaule, 50 BC, the Romans are invading, Asterix and Obelix with the help of the druids are drink potion and fighting.....

2012 France, Gerardmer- Xonrupt  Xterra France

Well Asterix and Obelix where some of my favourite comic characters when I grew up, some of you might not have  heard of them but being in Franc made me think about it. As I was looking at the course profile I thought to myself., 2300 feet of climbing is not too bad.  Not the smallest but not the biggest I have seen, until I realised it was per laps and there were two of them!!!  I went riding the course yesterday.  I was lucky to run into my good friend and Xterra Pro Renata Bucher as she was coming from a run.  She was kind enough to loan me a CO2 canister and after chatting for a bit I was off riding.   This course is what I would call a typical European course, big climbs, more climbs and just to add a bit, more climbs.  Some fast descent and a couple flat section.  Some muddy section and with more rain on the horizon and the fact that 720 in the Championship race coupled with another 500 in the short distance, the course should be very interesting comes race day.   I will be off running the run course today. I'm not too sure what to sacrifice to the Xterra Gods for nice weather come race day, but a little mud never hut anyone.  I think I could use some magic potion from Asterix to make me faster on race day!. Stay tuned for more updates and the post race comments.  Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment