Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Getting ready for my first 70.3 of the season!

This weekend coming up I will be racing in my first and perhaps only 70.3 of the season. 70.3 or half ironman distance is a 2 km swim, 90 km bike followed by a half marathon (21.1 km) So I had to ditch trail runners, mountain bike gear for the road flats and the Tri bike. This Sunday I will be in Grand Rapids, Michigan visiting my good friend the Moores and the Browns. I'm already back east for family affairs so this will just be a short trip on my way back to the coast. I have to admit I usually don't have a bike when I visit my family so to be able to ride next to the St-Laurent river was pretty cool and a good way to train and forget about the daily stress. It should be interesting to see what happen in Grand Rapids since this distance is a bit further than the Xterra races. Speakingbor wich, I will also be heading to race Xterra France in July, but on thing at a time. So stay tuned to the Grand Rapid Tri result and post comments. I hope you are all out there taking advantage of the warmer weather. Until then, happy trails! Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment