Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First week of cyclo cross!

Well I lined up saturday afternoon at new Brighton park for my first cyclo cross race. Me and 40 other master were lineup at the start. The start is very important in cyclo cross and usually the first three rows get called by name. As I was new I was relegated towards the back of the pack. As the race started, a mad pace was set and I was rally hoping that itbwould subside, alas that would not happen. This race would be a sprint for 45 min or so. The loop was about 3 km and had couple of sand trap, barrier and some hills. I would unfortunately get lap by the leader in my age group as the final lap or bell lap went off, signaling that my heart rate would resume normality one lap early. I would finish 30/40 and hope that sunday would get easier. Sunday was at Vanier park and although the loop seem a bit easier with only a set of stairs and an uphill barrier, it was longer. Again 45 of us were lined up for the start but this time my name was called on the third row. Another mad sprint ensued but my tired legs from the day before would start protesting after the second lap. The though part is you never know who's head of you and who's behind. I would not be lapped by the leader of my age group this time but I would finished 38/43, not a great finish. I hope to do better this weekend coming up where I will be in Forshore park in burnaby for my 1300 start. Hope to see you there! Happy trails

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment