Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Surrey - Richmond (Day 103)

Today we got to run through my community - New Westminster! Although I'm on the afternoon shift I ran the morning part in New West, what's another few kilometres when you're running 35 already?!


Me running in New West

I have to admit, the crowds were great and came in big numbers. The sun was shinning and we were greeted by the sound of the cannon in front of city hall as we ran by. As we came into Queen's Park the crowd was awesome and it was nice to see my co-workers from NWPS looking after the site.

We left after lunch and got on the paddlewheeler for a cruise across the Fraser River.


The torch travels by paddlewheeler over to Queensborough

We slowly made our way to Richmond where my relay friend and co-worker Randy ran with the torch. His little girl had a sign saying "my daddy has been with the relay for 103 days" she was also wearing a Quatchi hat. It was very cute. The crowds were massive in Richmond and it was hard work tonight. Our last torchbearer was Rick Hanson and it was nice to see. Only a few days left. I'm driving tomorrow which will give me a rest on my tired legs!

Carpe Diem,

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment