Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mission - Surrey (Day 102)

What a day! I have never seen crowds like that. I started at lunch today in Langley and would make my way to Surrey. The road was lined with thousands of people. This was by far the biggest crowds I have seen. I'm not sure what hurts more, my legs after running 35 km, my ears from the scream of the crowds or my hand from the hundred of high five given along the road. The last torchbearer was Daniel Igali, famous gold medal winner. The crowd was massive - there must have been around 20,000 people.

Tomorrow we will be in my town, New Westminster. Although I'm working in the afternoon (running another 35 km or so) I'm coming early to bring the final torchbearer in. I hope the Olympic spirit will be alive and well in New Westminster tomorrow.

Seize the day New West!

Carpe Diem

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment