Friday, October 18, 2013

T -9 days, when the world comes together

It' s the time of  the year where leaf are falling, days are getting shorter.  This also means that it's the time of the year where ocean swim, beach running and mountain biking in pineapple field is just around the corner.  Xterra World Championship, a chance to test your metal against the best of the best, under gruelling  conditions.  It's one of my favourite time of the year for the past couple of years and this year won't be any exception. Alas my lovely Fiancee won't be able to come as she needs to study for finals.  On the other hand, I am looking forward to see the usual suspects, tribe members that I have been fortunate enough race and have fun with.  I also always enjoy chatting with the pro's that I have been fortunate to meet, train and race with.  Xterra is really a different feel when it comes down to it.  I'm sure this year won't be any different.  We swam in what was left of a Tsunami last year, so you never know what mother nature will throw at you.  The race will take place again on the grounds and around the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua.  This event will be 1.5 km of open water ocean swim, 30 km of mountain bike and 10 km trail run.  I will be heading to Maui on Monday to train, acclimatize myself and have a bit of  a holiday.  As funny as it sound, it helps me decompress from the day to day stress and make me appreciate how lucky I am.  So stay tuned for the scouting report starting next tuesday from Maui!  Happy Trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment