Thursday, March 21, 2013

Less Han 24 hours to go, Xterra Guam

In less than 24 hours, I will be on the starting line with about 157 other Xterra racers.  It's been a difficult journey this time around as my bike as not been cooperating, broken handle bar and now heading tomorrow with a bent derailleur hanger, too soft to be straighten, no spare with me ( I have 2 but not for the right bike) and none on the island.  The bike shop here did awesome and make the gear worked.  I now hope the the carbon handle bar sacrifice to the Gods of Xterra will e sufficient for tomorrow.  The bike course is also dried up and with no rain in the forecast, if should be a pretty fun bike course.  So here we are, the end of the march of Xterra is near, time for a light workout and get ready for the race, time to forge on, race hard and see what happens.  Guam is such a great place, I really recommend that you consider race here and if you can, do the triple crown.  Stayed tune for the post race report, and if you wonder, I have number #52, happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment