Friday, September 28, 2012

Xterra world, one month away!

As the leaf are turning red and falling on the west coast, we are now one month away from Xterra World Championship in Maui. With a field of over 600 of the best off road triathletes from all over the world, stunning vistas and sunny beach, the stage will be set.  For me, it will be a chance to measure my metal with the best, try to see if I can improve from last year's time.  It will also be a chance to see a lot of my friends who are scattered all across the globe, get some sun and look back at my second season as an Xterra athlete.  Training is moving along although an upcoming travel and work schedule will definetly make it harder, but then again, if it was too easy, I probably wouldn't be doing it in the first place.  I'm looking forward to be riding in the pineapple field, feel the breeze of the ocean and conquer the climbs.  People always ask me why I race, I think it's because for the time I'm racing, I feel like I control my destiny and get to share it with like minded people. That's what keep me training and racing.  Stay tuned for the upcoming weeks to the race, I'll share my training,and off course as soons as I get to Maui, daily updates on the course and the atmosphere at my second world championship.  Until then, I hope you're staying fit, where ever your mood takes you and where you live.  Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment