Sunday, April 10, 2011

Xterra Vegas

I woke up to a nice sunny day but it was cold, really cold. I headed to transition, set my bike and my little area. I was freezing but in was hoping that the su. Would warms things up by the start of the race. I even went back to my car to warm up! I then headed out for a warmup run. I came back and put my wetsuit on and headed to the water. The start was a deep wat start with 3 different waves. First was the pro's, then men up to 39, the the rest including my division. The water was freezing, I could barely feel my face, hand and feet during my warmup swim. As the canon went off, our wave headed towards the bright yellow markers. The swim is 1.5 km and only one lap. I exited the water around the 30 min mark, not as well as I was hoping for but swimming as never been my strong suit. Transition went not too bad and I exited on my bike heading up the hill where I was cut off by a rider which cause me to fall, still clipped in. By then the weather was warmer and the sun was shining and I was trying to get my rhythm on the bike. I was following some riders in front of me which caused me to take a wrong turn and loose 5 min to get back on track. After my 2 laps I headed to transition where I headed on the run course. The bike course was 30 km and the run was 10 km. The course was hilly and at this point, I had not idea where my competition was so I forged on. I came across the finish line in 3:01. I had hoped for a sub 3 hours but I was still pleased with my time. I finished first in the clydsdale division. I'm not too sure where I finished in the overall standing but I will post it with my times tomorrow. Stay tuned as I will be heading to Texas next week for the south western Xterra championship. Happy trails!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment